The centerpiece of the Garhwal region is undoubtedly the Nanda Devi Sanctuary. Until 1934, the gorge of the Rishi ganga river and the immediate area around Nanda Devi peak was one of the least known and most inaccessible parts of the Himalayan region. In the Sanctuary, the mountains stand in a vast amphitheater, seventy miles in circumference and about 6,000m high.
The Nanda Devi Sanctuary is drained in part, by the Alaknanda and Saraswati rivers. Surveying The Wildlife. The early Indian Surveyors and mountaineers alike were unable to venture into the Inner Sanctuary. It was in 1934 the Eric Shipton and Bill Tilman eventually managed to find their way to the Sanctuary. This paved the way for the Anglo-American mountain expedition of 1936 to ultimately climb the peak. When Tilman and Odell reached the top of Nanda Devi on 29th August, 1936, they had reached the highest point ever climbed by man till then. And this height record stood till the French stood on top of Annapurna in Nepal in 1950 – the first 8,000m peak to be climbed by man.
• All accommodations during the trip on twin sharing basis, as per itinerary.
• 3 meals in each day (Breakfast, Lunch Dinner) Pack lunch while on the trek.
• All entry fees & permits.
• All camping equipments during the trip including tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat.
• Hot water bags, first Aid
• Cost raised by factors beyond our control.
• Personal expenses (laundry, mineral water, cold drinks etc.)
• Any medical expenses, if incurred.
• Travel insurance
• Any other stuff that is not mentioned in Includes section.
• Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather etc.
Terms & Conditions :
Terms of Payment
• 45 or more days before departure : Rs 25% total amount.
• 30 days before departure : 50% of total amount.
• Less than 7 days before departure : 100% of the total amount.
• Advance Booking amount per person – 60% of package cost – Non Refundable
• 80% of package cost before 40 days prior of departure
• 100% of package cost before 25 days prior of departure
• Surcharge will be applicable on the particular dates.
• Given is a suggested itinerary and it may change as per the availability at the time of booking
• Rates are subject to change in case of any changes in airport taxes, hotel rates, transport rates, government taxes or IROE fluctuation.
• International Check in time is 1500 hrs and Check out time is 1100 Hrs. Early check-in/ late checkout subject to availability.
• Rates are not valid during the festivals, fairs, special events, blackout dates, Carnival etc
• Above rates are Nett and Non Commissionable.
• In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in hotel of similar standard.