Along with abundant natural scenery and tranquility, Uttarakhand state is also known for offering ample opportunities to indulge in adventure activities. Adventurous Uttarakhand Tour is a meticulously-planned tour package of 8 days and 7 nights that takes you to destinations like Rishikesh, Joshimath, Auli and Jim Corbett National Park. This is an ideal itinerary for adventure enthusiasts who can partake in activities like cable car ride, trekking, skiing, rafting, wildlife spotting, bird watching and more during the tour.
Note: This is just a suggested itinerary indicative of what could be possible. We tailor holidays for your specific needs. Contact us if you want modifications so that we could tailor a holiday to suit your need for an unforgettable India tour.
- Day 01: Delhi – Rishikesh (262 km- 6 hrs)
Upon your arrival at the Delhi Airport/Railway Station, meet our tour representative who helps you with an assisted transfer to one of the holiest cities of Hindu, Rishikesh. On reaching, check-in at a hotel. Referred to as the ‘Yoga Capital of the World’ and ‘Gateway to the Uttarakhand Himalayas’, Rishikesh alluers both peace seekers and adventure enthusiasts. It is home to several ashrams that offer Yoga and meditation sessions under expert’s guidance. It is the city of serenity, Sadhus, and more. After relaxing some time, embark on half-day sightseeing. Visit Ram jhula (built in the year 1986) and Laxman Jhula- not just iron suspension bridges but popular landmarks too. In the evening, you can also attend Ganga Arti, on the banks of Holy Ganga ghat. Soak-in the spiritual-feel and savor the lovely views.
Dinner, bonfire and overnight stay in the hotel
- Day 02: Rishikesh
Begin your day with a calming yoga and meditation session, followed by morning wildlife safari in Rajaji National Park. Surrounded by the Shivalik Ranges, this national park and tiger reserve lies at the foothill of the Himalayas. You can spot various kinds of animals such as elephants, tigers, panthers, spotted deer, sambhar, wild boar, barking deer, goral, 2 species of bears, Himalayan black sloth and more than 400 avifauna species.
Post lunch, the day is scheduled for partaking in adventure activities such as body surfing, rappelling, cliff jumps, bungee jumping, rock climbing, jungle walks, trekking and waterfalls. The surrounding mountains, gushing holy Ganga River, thick forests etc offer excellent opportunities for all these thrilling activities. In the evening, enjoy tea with snacks followed by a barbecue dinner and campfire.
Overnight stay in Rishikesh.
- Day 03: Rishikesh –Joshimath- Auli (8 hrs)
On the third day of the tour, leave by road for Auli, important skiing destination of India. On the way, admire the lovely views of the nature and scenery. Later afternoon arrival in Joshimath. From here, get aboard Asia’s longest ropeway that links Joshimath with Auli (Auli Bugyal). This 4 km long cable car offers panoramic views of the surroundings hills and thick oak forests. Arrive at your resort. Complete the check-in formalities and relax. Treat your eyes to the unforgettable views of sunset that goes down behind the Nanda Devi and other snow-clad peaks. Thereafter enjoy music, bonfire and dinner.
Overnight stay at the resort.
- Day 04: Auli
Lying between the altitude of 2519 m and 3050 m above the sea level, Auli is known for its breathtaking views, perennial snow, and skiing slopes that are ideal for both novices and trained skiing enthusiasts. Today, in the morning, enjoy learning the basics of ice Skiing. This day is going to be an exciting one. In the afternoon, back to the resort for lunch. Lunch is followed by a guided trek to Lake Valentine. This man-made Lake is located amid dense pine forests. During the trek, admire stunning views of Helang Valley. The evening is scheduled for sunset views, bonfire and music.
Stay overnight at the resort.
- Day 05: Auli- Joshimath – Auli
On day 5, get ready sightseeing in and around Joshimath, which is now the winter seat of Lord Badrinath. During the winter months, the idol of Lord Vishnu is brought here from Badrinath that becomes inaccessible because of snow. Joshimath is one of the four ‘Mathas’ (Monastires) that were founded by Adi Shankaracharya. Here, you explore the main attractions of Joshimth including places such as Narasimha Temple- constructed around 1200 years old, this temple is dedicated to Lord Narasimha, the 4th incarnation of Lord Vishnu that is half-lion and half- man; Shankracharya Cave- placed near Kalpvriksha, this is known to be a sacred cave where Adi Shankaracharya meditated during his stay here; Tapovan- the place is famous for its hot sulfur water springs popular for containing water that has medicinal properties.
Later on, you again get aboard the ropeway to travel to Auli. Treat your eyes to the lovely views. In the evening, enjoy sunset, bonfire and music at the resort.
Dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 06: Auli – Corbett (345 km- 8 hrs)
Post breakfast on day 6, hit the road to go to very well-known national park and Tiger Reserve- Jim Corbett National Park. Founded as Hailey National park in the year 1936, Corbett National park is the oldest national park of India. It is extremely popular for housing a decent population of leopards, elephants, spotted dear and tigers. The park does not only varied animal variety but is also home to an amazing population of avifauna species, over 650 types of birds can be spotted here. In the evening arrive at the national park. Check-in at your wildlife resort. Relax for some time. Later on, enjoy music and dinner.
Overnight stay at the resort.
- Day 07: Corbett
Begin your day early by going on a Jeep Safari tour inside the Jim Corbett National Park for exploring its varied the flora and fauna. You may spot various species of deer including Barasingha, barking deer, sambars, spotted deer and hog deer, sloth bears, otters, peacocks, langurs, macaques, crocodiles, monitor lizards, jackals, wild boars, gharilays and so on. The 600 species of birds would include both resident and migratory bird species. The day is going to be an exciting one. Later, back to the resort for breakfast. Relax for time and then visit the Corbett falls this 20 m high waterfall, surrounded by attractions like thick forests, chiroy birds and serene environment is a popular picnic spot. Back to the resort during lunch time. After lunch, the rest the rest of your day is at leisure. Enjoy the facilities being offered at your resort.
Dinner and overnight stay in the resort.
- Day 08: Corbett – Delhi
Post breakfast on the last, drive back to Delhi airport/railway station for your onward journey.
• Sightseeing in Rishikesh including Laxman and Ram Jhulas
• Cable car ride from Joshimath to Auli
• Sightseeing in Joshimath including Shankracharya Cave
• Wildlife spotting at Rajaji National Park
• Adventure activities in Rishikesh
• Skiing and trekking in Auli
• Jeep safari inside the world-renowned Jim Corbett National Park
• All land transfer in Mahindra Bolero, Max as per above on the given itinerary.
• Conservation/trekking entry permits fees.
• Village/ tent accommodation during the trekking journey. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
• 3 meals in each day (Breakfast, Lunch Dinner) pack lunch while on the trek.
• Fully escorted trek with license holder local trekking guide.
• All program according to itineraries on full board.
• Attractive salaries, wages, equipment and other facilities to Uttarakhand trekking trekking staffs.
• Travel Insurance or any other kind of Insurance(Trekkers are advised to obtain applicable insurance on their own).
• Medical evacuation in case of emergency.
• Any kind of personal expenses.
• All types of bar bill.
• Any drinks, tips for the guide and porter etc.
• Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather etc.
Terms & Conditions :
Terms of Payment
• 45 or more days before departure : Rs 25% total amount.
• 30 days before departure : 50% of total amount.
• Less than 7 days before departure : 100% of the total amount.
• Advance Booking amount per person – 60% of package cost – Non Refundable
• 80% of package cost before 40 days prior of departure
• 100% of package cost before 25 days prior of departure
• Surcharge will be applicable on the particular dates.
• Given is a suggested itinerary and it may change as per the availability at the time of booking
• Rates are subject to change in case of any changes in airport taxes, hotel rates, transport rates, government taxes or IROE fluctuation.
• International Check in time is 1500 hrs and Check out time is 1100 Hrs. Early check-in/ late checkout subject to availability.
• Rates are not valid during the festivals, fairs, special events, blackout dates, Carnival etc
• Above rates are Nett and Non Commissionable.
• In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in hotel of similar standard.